General Information and Use:
- Our locks are unique to SCT, and some have patents and patents pending.
- Most of our boxes can be microwaved to heat things up for short periods of time, however, glued flaps may unglue under heat.
- Our boxes are not specifically designed for cooking or for all storage or freezing applications. All can be refrigerated for short periods.
- For easiest way to assemble, be sure to pre-fold/crease boxes first.
- Utility: Boxes often used for retail items in addition to bakery. Our Utility Boxes are food grade approved.
How to Measure a Box:
Measure the outside of the box: 1) left to right; 2) front to back; 3) depth/height.
Types and Assembly:
- Lock corner: Corners are unglued, requires box to be folded and tabs inserted for assembly.
- Automatic: Has glued corners, comes folded flat. Requires no assembly and pops upright when opened for quick loading.
- Beers: Automatic box with a solid bottom panel. 6-corner, all glued; 4-corner, two bottom corners are left unglued for easy loading.
- Hinged Back: A 4-corner beers box with unglued corners at the back bottom of the box to allow for easy loading.
- Himes: Automatic box with a 4-panel bottom that creates a firm box with a quick pop-open feature.
- Tuck Top: Single panel lid that closes by tucking flap inside panel of box.
- Fast Top: Double panel lid that closes by pulling down side wings, designed for quick handling.
- Fold up Sides: Sides fold up, no top.
- Full Telescoping: Lid with 4 side panels that cover all side panels of the box bottom. Adds strength for stacking or adjusting the height of the box.
- Clamshell: All sides are pre-glued and come nested. Just fold over the top and lock front tab.
- Fast Lock (drink carriers): Open, then pull flaps out of sides, pull down and insert into locks.
- Inverted tabs (4 cup drink carrier): Tabs push inward, to allow for a smaller cup to be secured.
- Patented Fold down/lock up Barn Closure: folds down flat to stack as a box, or pull up and lock for barn structure with handle.
- Front load: Load in contents from the front.
- Pop Up: Lift box in a swift upward position to assemble and lock.